Wednesday, July 11, 2007

After 3 years... Resurrection!

This is my old blog, resurrected. Mai luan chu seh is back!

This was the original name of my first blog. I closed it down to start hastenministries.blogspot.com. But as I evaluate it, I realized that the standard I've set is too high.

Look at my blog title and header:

He who has ears, let him hear?

May all who hear be enriched, edified, and encouraged?

God help me to be true to His Word, and to my own words?

If it's not pompous, then it's pretentious. If it's not pretentious, then its expectation is unrealistic.

I thought it better to revert back to my original blog. With a new look.

Why mai luan chu seh?

For the less informed, it means "don't simply shoot" in Hokkien.

Once, a friend of a friend was playing an aircraft simulator game. Wywy Wonderspace, above Sunshine Square (It's no longer there already). He was simply using his ammo. He claimed the machine said "Mai luan chu seh! Mai luan chu seh!" Wow! Gaming technology had automatic mutli-lingual functions, even from back then? You mean, when you sit on the machine, it can know if you know Hokkien? Cool!

That same friend's sister also sang in a church choir during one Christmas. During her solo part, she sang "my life to save..." But it sounded like "maaai luan choo seh..."

Yah. And so, Mai Luan Chu Seh is back.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

will you still update hastenministries then?
or leave it?
-meiyee-

Hasten said...

The old has gone, the new has come!

Anonymous said...

Wahlau! profound-nya this post! hee hee

Anonymous said...

i like hastenministries...
:(
-meiyee-

Alex Steinert Miles said...

To Mei Yee: you like hasten ministry? I LOVE it to bits, man!

Joshua!!!*sobs*

Anonymous said...

yahooooooo...finally. welcome to earth. where christianity cnt apply here.

an eye for an eye.

continuing hastenministries will make u like hipokrit.

george

Anonymous said...

Finally fall back down to earth

Anonymous said...

hah..another anonymous. holy kena condemned as hipokrit. worldy kena condemned as disgrace.

george.

Anonymous said...

hey, perhaps this could even be a better blog...? Leave it to God to decide eh?

a.h.t.i.n. said...

ehh...i tot this blog is supposedly older then hasten...so it's more like...the new is gone the old reborn

Anonymous said...

FREN

ARE YOU LOOSING TOUCH WITH GOD AND REAlity. WATCH OUT. GOD HAS A PURPOSE FOR YOU GO DISCOVER THAT PURPOSE AND WILL OF GOD FOR YOUR LIFE.
SELVIN

Anonymous said...

Toshua,

I see Hasten blog as....

Fear God not man.
Please God not man.
Honour God not man.
Live for God not man.

I hope you find that in you too.

-Kenny Cheah